Preparing and planning for an event can be rewarding but also stressful. Preparation for a family reunion is no different. There are a lot of things to be considered when one is planning a family reunion. Much like preparing a party for your kids, or friends. Food, drinks, fun games and exciting activities will make you family reunion enjoyable and memorable. Planning for a family reunion can be a bit stressful it involves members of your family whose impressions and feelings are important to you, and because your family and relatives are composed of different genders and age brackets.
There are some things that you can consider in order to ensure that the preparation for your family reunion is as stress free as possible. These Do’s and Don’ts will ensure that the event will be memorable for everybody.
Here are the Do’s in planning a family reunion.
- You need to organize the planning properly by having committees for each aspect in the preparation. There should be committees assigned to take care of the food, venue, transportation, location, invitations, and other things that have to be considered.
- Come up with a list of the relatives that you will be inviting. Double check the list in cases of revisions. Makes sure that list is complete with the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the relatives you want to be present at the reunion.
- Plan the reunion as early as possible. It is always a great idea to plan ahead of time as this can help alleviate and road bumps along the way.
And here are some of the Don’ts that you have to observe.
- Don’t compare your preparation to that of other families who might already have been planning their reunion. No one expects you to be Martha Stewart.
- If you don’t have that much time to prepare, don’t try to make it as huge a celebration as possible. Try to keep things uncomplicated yet enjoyable.
- Try not to book hotel reservations for each of the members. Have each family worry about booking their reservations themselves.
Of course, there are other ways to prepare for a family reunion. However you would like to plan for your the family reunion, always remember that this event should be fun and memorable for everyone. Who knows, it might not be the last family reunion you will be asked to prepare.