May 13, 2013
Colossal jewelry can be worn as a daring statement or simply to complement an outfit. It’s all based on how you wear it. Whether you’re an all-time fashionista or just trying to develop your closet, this information will help you pull off big necklaces both stylishly and sophisticated.
You could wear a lively, smooth necklace with neutral colors. If you really want to make an impression try an abstract, 3-D design in cherry to compliment a simple black dress and tights. Or you could try a thick turquoise necklace along with a white peasant chemise on top of denims. Your outfit could be relaxed and simple, but a statement necklace will help to wear it up and draw attention to your superb fashion sense.
Don’t try to wear more than one big necklace at once. Too much looks excessive. Moreover, do not pair a big necklace with a scarf or any other selection of neck wear. You want to make a statement, but over accessorizing is never in good taste.
Big necklaces should better be worn with high-cut, low-collared shirts and jackets. If not there will be an inch or two of space along the bottom of your necklace and the upper of your top.
May 2, 2013
There’s no such thing as a magic wand that can take your appearance from not to hot. But don’t worry, that glamorous red carpet makeup look you’ve always wanted can be had in with a few easy tricks.
Make up tricks can help to improve your appeal and gorgeousness to your looks. Lipsticks, eyeliners, blushers, mascara, eye shadows, all help to enrich your guise. These tricks are a precise and keen means to improve your of use cosmetics. When we’re done, you’ll shine like a star.
Below are some of our makeup tips and secrets:
- Find your right shade – When you pick a shade of lipstick, you usually swipe it on the back of your hand to see if it matches your skin. A healthier approach to trial the lipstick is to test it on your fingertip. Grip the shade next to your face to get how it looks. Your finger is a perfect instrument, since its color is comparable to the texture of your lips.
- Lip Exfoliation – For an attractive finishing, gently run a toothbrush over your lips to exfoliate dry skin, cleanse with a damp washcloth. After exfoliation, lipstick will move on smoothly, and last without cracking
- Getting your lipstick to stay on longer – Would you like your lipstick to stay on over lunch? Here is an easy trick. Put on a coat of lipstick, then press your lips gently with a single tissue. Powder it lightly with a brush. This adds a barrier between the lipstick and what could contact it. Helping it to last for hours.
- Plump it up – To add the ultimate touch spot the middle of your lower lip with a bit of glitter lip gloss. This subtle sparkle is the perfect way to give an impression of fullness. Conversely, many say to not outline your lips with glitter. That is, of course, unless you’re going for the top 40 popstar look.
- Avoid blurring you liner – Put on liner with a pencil or a tiny brush. Now trace over the liner with a similar powder shadow. To give a long-lasting effect, wet your shadow brush with Visine.
- Magnifying your eyes – By far the best way to make your eyes pop is by making those eyelashes stand out. Pace a lash curler at the roots of the lashes and gently lane it out to the tips. Press while you do it.
- Concealing strategically – Showing up with too much concealer appears peculiar. Less is more, ladies. Try to use only when (and that’s not as much as you might think).
- Luminous face – Everyone’s face has a bad day. Unfortunately it can happen more than not. To get that face to smile back in the mirror try to dim focal spots like below your lips and inner corner of your eyes. Try some shimmery white eye shadow, to draw attention elsewhere.
April 23, 2013
Many say that the home is where the heart is. Another popular phrase is “If momma’ ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” Make your mom happy this Mother’s Day with a Flirty Apron. Not only do our aprons make affordable Mother’s Day gift ideas but, they’re extremely useful around the house. Your mom has probably had her fair share of cookware, utensils, or unusual gadgets for Mother’s Day gifts. Get her something she can use on a daily basis and will last, a Flirty Apron.
Sometimes mom just wants a lazy cleaning day without being bothered. That doesn’t mean she can’t still look super cute though. For example, take one of our damask aprons on a casual day. This classic floral design is quality made for easy wearing. It even has a pocket to carry cleaning accessories, dusters, cleaning rags or, simply your cell phone to keep it within reach.
All Flirty Aprons are designed adjusting ties at the midriff for a perfect apt around all waist sizes. The damask patterns add the perfect touch of style. Functional design and stylish, these damask aprons are available in red or black damask. This look can be worn by anyone, as the design bridges the gap between classic and modern style. You may possibly have just found the best Mother’s Day gift idea around.
April 18, 2013
Nobody knows what it is but, summer sure brings out the appetite in us all and, the desire for diversification in what we eat. We want to eat “fun” things in the summer. Fresh food is often a big part of that. Enjoying something tasty doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy too. As the garden begins to grow and harvesting your efforts comes a long, you can enjoy some fresh spins on the classic salad. One of our favorites is a chicken salad with snow peas.
Snow peas can be used for more than just an accessory in a stir-fry. If you cut them properly, their crisp crunch can add a lot to this entree. Items you will need include:
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1 lb chicken
- 12 oz can chicken broth
- 2.5 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1.5 garlic cloves
- soy sauce
To prepare this deliciousness, simple put the chicken in a cooking tray and add broth. Heat to a boil. While cooking you can get a head start on preparing the sauce. Mix 2 teaspoons of the rice vinegar with the sesame oil, adding soy sauce to taste. Stir until smooth. Now that the sauce is made, check the chicken. You should have it lightly simmering simmer until the chicken is cooked enough that the center is no longer pink. This usually takes around 13 minutes, give or take. Once cooked, chop the chicken into pieces.
Now that the chicken is cooked, you can heat use another pan to mix in your ginger, garlic and the last teaspoon of sesame oil. Lightly heat while stirring in the snow peas. Stir while cooking for a few minutes until the snow peas have a nice color.
That’s about it. Now, just mix the sauce with the chicken and top it all off with some cashews.
April 9, 2013
Woot! The last of Winter is behind us and Spring is progressing into warmer days. Summer will be here in no time. What better time to start breaking out the swimsuits and getting ready for swimming weather?
This year has been fun to watch as the fashions develop. There’s been a surge in “old-fashioned” designs. Just like our classic aprons have a timeless appeal, so do some of the re-emerging fashions. Other fun fashions have been symmetrical designs and flowery prints. With such a wide range of designs, from classic to bright and colorful, this swimsuit season is sure to offer styles for everyone.
Just like aprons are the perfect compliment to your wardrobe when in the kitchen, swimsuits have fun add-ons for the warm water too. Don’t forget a swim cap if you want to keep your lovely locks dry. Bring your favorite flip-flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen, and throw it in your favorite beach tote. Don’t forget to find a fashionable tote even. The fashion fun never ends with summer. We love it.
Whatever your style or body type, the most important thing is to feel comfortable in your own skin and have fun this summer. Keep an eye out for fun summer deals from Flirty Aprons, and we’ll see you in the sun!