May 24, 2013
Summer is almost full-steam for most of us. It’s the time of year when we box up the sweaters and break out the more “Flirty” looks We’ll be talking a lot about summer fashion but, what about summer hair styles for women? What looks in style for this year? Here are some fun, classic hairdo ideas.
- Messy Pony – If you’ve got shoulder-length hair or longer, try the messy pony this summer. Start by pulling hair into a high braid. Next, jiggle out some of the hair to make a soft, outline around your face. Enhance the look with a bit of hairspray if you want to add a bit of style. Just that simple approach is all it takes and you’re ready for a casual day with a quick and easy look.
- Work/Workout Braids – When you’re a busy woman or hit the gym regularly, you can find your hair in your face a little too frequently. Buns can get a little tiresome. How about a low-key effort with big style, a braid with a hair wrap. This nice spin on a classic look is done by pulling your hair back with a rubber band. Take a piece of the hair from the bottom and pull it from the elastic. Twist your hair to wrap it around the base of your ponytail so that it covers your elastic. Then, pin it with a bobby pin. Shazaam. Easy but, unique style.
- Braided Pigtails – Pigtails are a look that’s been around for a while but, always has an appeal. This easy style is great when accompanies by other accessories like a nice hat or statement earrings. Simply part your hair down the middle and separate the left from the right. Braid each side separately. After that, just use a tie, bow, or other holding accessory and you’re as cute as can be.
- Side Bun – Ok, ok. Even though we said buns can get tiresome, it doesn’t mean that they still don’t look awesome sometimes. Plus, they’re easy! Aside from the cuteness of a bun, there’s some functional benefits too. Buns usually don’t pull on the scalp excessively or leave marks from bobby pins or hair ties. To pull off a nice bun, pull your hair until it’s tight and wrap it around itself as you stack the rolls as it wraps. You can wrap your hair in a different direction on some days over others to mix it up a bit. Once you have your rolled hair positioned where you’d like it, pin it with a bobby pin a few times over.
There you have it. No need for expensive hair styles. Summer calls for relaxed and casual looks. Enjoy the warm weather, and we look forward to seeing pics of your cute hair this summer in your favorite Flirty Apron.
May 13, 2013
Colossal jewelry can be worn as a daring statement or simply to complement an outfit. It’s all based on how you wear it. Whether you’re an all-time fashionista or just trying to develop your closet, this information will help you pull off big necklaces both stylishly and sophisticated.
You could wear a lively, smooth necklace with neutral colors. If you really want to make an impression try an abstract, 3-D design in cherry to compliment a simple black dress and tights. Or you could try a thick turquoise necklace along with a white peasant chemise on top of denims. Your outfit could be relaxed and simple, but a statement necklace will help to wear it up and draw attention to your superb fashion sense.
Don’t try to wear more than one big necklace at once. Too much looks excessive. Moreover, do not pair a big necklace with a scarf or any other selection of neck wear. You want to make a statement, but over accessorizing is never in good taste.
Big necklaces should better be worn with high-cut, low-collared shirts and jackets. If not there will be an inch or two of space along the bottom of your necklace and the upper of your top.
May 2, 2013
There’s no such thing as a magic wand that can take your appearance from not to hot. But don’t worry, that glamorous red carpet makeup look you’ve always wanted can be had in with a few easy tricks.
Make up tricks can help to improve your appeal and gorgeousness to your looks. Lipsticks, eyeliners, blushers, mascara, eye shadows, all help to enrich your guise. These tricks are a precise and keen means to improve your of use cosmetics. When we’re done, you’ll shine like a star.
Below are some of our makeup tips and secrets:
- Find your right shade – When you pick a shade of lipstick, you usually swipe it on the back of your hand to see if it matches your skin. A healthier approach to trial the lipstick is to test it on your fingertip. Grip the shade next to your face to get how it looks. Your finger is a perfect instrument, since its color is comparable to the texture of your lips.
- Lip Exfoliation – For an attractive finishing, gently run a toothbrush over your lips to exfoliate dry skin, cleanse with a damp washcloth. After exfoliation, lipstick will move on smoothly, and last without cracking
- Getting your lipstick to stay on longer – Would you like your lipstick to stay on over lunch? Here is an easy trick. Put on a coat of lipstick, then press your lips gently with a single tissue. Powder it lightly with a brush. This adds a barrier between the lipstick and what could contact it. Helping it to last for hours.
- Plump it up – To add the ultimate touch spot the middle of your lower lip with a bit of glitter lip gloss. This subtle sparkle is the perfect way to give an impression of fullness. Conversely, many say to not outline your lips with glitter. That is, of course, unless you’re going for the top 40 popstar look.
- Avoid blurring you liner – Put on liner with a pencil or a tiny brush. Now trace over the liner with a similar powder shadow. To give a long-lasting effect, wet your shadow brush with Visine.
- Magnifying your eyes – By far the best way to make your eyes pop is by making those eyelashes stand out. Pace a lash curler at the roots of the lashes and gently lane it out to the tips. Press while you do it.
- Concealing strategically – Showing up with too much concealer appears peculiar. Less is more, ladies. Try to use only when (and that’s not as much as you might think).
- Luminous face – Everyone’s face has a bad day. Unfortunately it can happen more than not. To get that face to smile back in the mirror try to dim focal spots like below your lips and inner corner of your eyes. Try some shimmery white eye shadow, to draw attention elsewhere.
April 23, 2013
Many say that the home is where the heart is. Another popular phrase is “If momma’ ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” Make your mom happy this Mother’s Day with a Flirty Apron. Not only do our aprons make affordable Mother’s Day gift ideas but, they’re extremely useful around the house. Your mom has probably had her fair share of cookware, utensils, or unusual gadgets for Mother’s Day gifts. Get her something she can use on a daily basis and will last, a Flirty Apron.
Sometimes mom just wants a lazy cleaning day without being bothered. That doesn’t mean she can’t still look super cute though. For example, take one of our damask aprons on a casual day. This classic floral design is quality made for easy wearing. It even has a pocket to carry cleaning accessories, dusters, cleaning rags or, simply your cell phone to keep it within reach.
All Flirty Aprons are designed adjusting ties at the midriff for a perfect apt around all waist sizes. The damask patterns add the perfect touch of style. Functional design and stylish, these damask aprons are available in red or black damask. This look can be worn by anyone, as the design bridges the gap between classic and modern style. You may possibly have just found the best Mother’s Day gift idea around.
« Newer Posts
April 18, 2013
Nobody knows what it is but, summer sure brings out the appetite in us all and, the desire for diversification in what we eat. We want to eat “fun” things in the summer. Fresh food is often a big part of that. Enjoying something tasty doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy too. As the garden begins to grow and harvesting your efforts comes a long, you can enjoy some fresh spins on the classic salad. One of our favorites is a chicken salad with snow peas.
Snow peas can be used for more than just an accessory in a stir-fry. If you cut them properly, their crisp crunch can add a lot to this entree. Items you will need include:
- 1 lb snow peas
- 1 lb chicken
- 12 oz can chicken broth
- 2.5 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1.5 garlic cloves
- soy sauce
To prepare this deliciousness, simple put the chicken in a cooking tray and add broth. Heat to a boil. While cooking you can get a head start on preparing the sauce. Mix 2 teaspoons of the rice vinegar with the sesame oil, adding soy sauce to taste. Stir until smooth. Now that the sauce is made, check the chicken. You should have it lightly simmering simmer until the chicken is cooked enough that the center is no longer pink. This usually takes around 13 minutes, give or take. Once cooked, chop the chicken into pieces.
Now that the chicken is cooked, you can heat use another pan to mix in your ginger, garlic and the last teaspoon of sesame oil. Lightly heat while stirring in the snow peas. Stir while cooking for a few minutes until the snow peas have a nice color.
That’s about it. Now, just mix the sauce with the chicken and top it all off with some cashews.
— Older Posts »