October 14, 2012
One of the reasons why pumpkin dishes are popular during Fall holidays, like Halloween and Thanksgiving, is because it is the time for pumpkin harvest. Because of the abundance of pumpkins during this season, people have come up with lots of pumpkin dishes and desserts. These pumpkin dishes and desserts have grown to become traditions for many families.
It is hard to talk about pumpkin dishes without mentioning pumpkin pie. Dessert is always one of the most popular dishes during holiday gatherings. The sweet taste of the pumpkin is one of the main reasons why people enjoy making pumpkin pie desserts. With a simple mixture of eggs, sugar and spices, together with a sweet pumpkin, you can whip up a pumpkin pie dessert that easily. For those wanting a little extra for their sweet tooth, you can enjoy a scoop of ice cream on top.
When it comes to pumpkin pie desserts, there are different ways that people have learned to cook them. Some families have come up with unique versions, but you can’t go wrong by searching for a basic recipe online. The internet can provide you with easy to over-the-top instructions on how to cook pumpkin pie dessert. Just make sure that you have all the ingredients ready, throw on your favorite Flirty Apron and have fun making this sweet Halloween tradition.
July 14, 2010
Yum…I just recently made this chocolate sour cream cake and it was a big crowd pleaser. Don’t worry, I’m giving the Chocolate Cake Recipe to you at the end of the post.
When making a chocolate cake I think it’s a must to be wearing a chocolate apron, don’t you? But I can never decide which is my favorite. The Pink Chocolate is kind of a cute, trendy and girlie apron. The Cocoa Lime is a trendy, and even a little retro apron. And then there’s the Blue Chocolate which seems to be the most versatile, crowd pleasing apron.
Luckily I have them all and don’t have to choose. So which Chocolate Apron is your favorite?
Today, I think we’re gonna let the Pink Chocolate win just because Nissa looks so cute in hers.
And here’s that recipe. Grab your apron, your mixer, your flour and have fun!
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 16-oz carton Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cube Butter
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and heavily flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat shortening and sugar on medium spead until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in 1/3 cup of melted chocolate chips until combined and then 8 ounces (1 cup) of sour cream. Alternately add flour mixture and milk; beat on low after each addition until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in three pans and place all three pans on the same rack in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool.
- Make Frosting. Melt the rest of your chocolate chips and 1 cube of butter in a small saucepan. Cool for one minute and put in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining sour cream and beat until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost the tops of each layer of the cake with a thin layer of frosting and let it spill over on the edges a little so it looks good. Unless you don’t like the way mine looks…then of course you can frost it however you want.
You’re gonna LOVE IT!