Please, please, please…not another tie. Right? Go with something new for Father’s Day this year. And hurry, Father’s day is on June 19th! This Black BBQ King apron is a great option if you can’t decide on the perfect phrase. But check out our whole line of great phrase aprons! Wives, this is a great gift to get for your husbands. These aprons are strong and durable, high-quality, and made of nice thick fabrics so men can be as tough on them as they want and they’ll still hold up. Visit our Men’s Aprons today and pick your favorite!
July 14, 2010
Yum…I just recently made this chocolate sour cream cake and it was a big crowd pleaser. Don’t worry, I’m giving the Chocolate Cake Recipe to you at the end of the post.
When making a chocolate cake I think it’s a must to be wearing a chocolate apron, don’t you? But I can never decide which is my favorite. The Pink Chocolate is kind of a cute, trendy and girlie apron. The Cocoa Lime is a trendy, and even a little retro apron. And then there’s the Blue Chocolate which seems to be the most versatile, crowd pleasing apron.
Luckily I have them all and don’t have to choose. So which Chocolate Apron is your favorite?
Today, I think we’re gonna let the Pink Chocolate win just because Nissa looks so cute in hers.
And here’s that recipe. Grab your apron, your mixer, your flour and have fun!
CHOCOLATE SOUR CREAM CAKE
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 bag of Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 16-oz carton Sour Cream
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cube Butter
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and heavily flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a small bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat shortening and sugar on medium spead until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in 1/3 cup of melted chocolate chips until combined and then 8 ounces (1 cup) of sour cream. Alternately add flour mixture and milk; beat on low after each addition until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in three pans and place all three pans on the same rack in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. Cool.
- Make Frosting. Melt the rest of your chocolate chips and 1 cube of butter in a small saucepan. Cool for one minute and put in a medium sized bowl. Add remaining sour cream and beat until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Frost the tops of each layer of the cake with a thin layer of frosting and let it spill over on the edges a little so it looks good. Unless you don’t like the way mine looks…then of course you can frost it however you want.
You’re gonna LOVE IT!
July 7, 2010
Have you ever dreamed of being a “June Clever” mom or even a “Lucille Ball”? Get one step closer with Flirty Aprons vintage inspired aprons. These aprons are the perfect modern twist to the vintage aprons you saw June and Lucille wear. You might be asking yourself how can you put a modern twist to a vintage apron. Flirty Aprons kept the same basic concept of June’s apron, and brought it to our time. Flirty Aprons uses the highest quality designer fabrics. We also double lined the apron to prevent spills from leaking on your clothes . The best part about these aprons is they are 100% adjustable. The neck straps are long enough that no matter how tall you are it will fit. Even the waist ties are long enough to bring around to the front, and show off that waist line. With Flirty Aprons you will fell like a moder “June Clever” and “Lucille Ball”.
December 16, 2009
We have been so excited for our new line of scalloped aprons, and guess what they are here! Our scalloped aprons gives you so much for variety to choose from. We have all the patterns in both Women’s and Children’s. Take a look at all of them on our website www.flirtyaprons.com. Also take a look at our new men’s aprons. We have some great new sayings such as “I like Big Buns” , “I Can Light Your Fire”, and “Grill Sergeant”.
November 2, 2009
Do you have any great ideas about our aprons? All Flirty Aprons fabrics are created by a team of talented designers who are anxious to hear what you have to say. The customer knows what they want and the smartest thing we could do is listen to them. Our current prints and apron styles are based off of what previous customers have suggested and we think they’ve done a great job. So, if you think you have a good idea or would like to see a new style or print please let us know!
If you have a suggestion or an idea you’d like to pass along, just leave a comment in the comment form below. Thanks for your help and support!